Re: [ga] Registrants Rights

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registrants Rights
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:51:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Andy and all,

  Thank you for yet again asking this question which has by so many been ask
so frequently and in so many different ways.  At one point a year ago this
subject
was revisited in the idea of a Independant Registrants Constituency ( IRC ) on
the
NARALO, ALAC and the GA as well as directly put to the ICANN staff.  It went
largely
ignored by same and it is my opinion which I am sure is shared by many of you,
that such a Constituency will not happen in our lifetimes even though President
Obama is pushing a Consumer Protection Agency which would be very similar
but more broad in scope.

  ICANN's only interest in Registrants is ensuring that they pay their
registration
fee's/tax on time and in full and does as ICANN tell them to do when they
tell them to do so.  Beyon that, ICANN's interest in registrants is only
negitive.
ICANN seems to be of the falty belief that the ALAC and the RALO's are the
place for Registrants.  But we all know that such a notion is far from factual
or of the desire of the vast majority of Registrants.  ICANN's behavior for more
than 10 years has been that Registrants are to be exploited in any and every
way possible.