RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff

  • To: "'Joop Teernstra'" <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, joe Babtista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Icann staff are not public figures. They are private employees. Icann does not
speak through these individuals. The GA is a public list. Most of the Staff
should not be allowed to speak in public. Danny's question was no doubt given
in/through the appropriate channels. Danny if nothing else is always right on
protocal. The question here was posted for comment. There is no doubt that
Roberto and others would prefer not to have tough questions asked in public.
Certainly as we have two members still suspended because of tough questions to
staff, it is clear insolence will not be tolerated by ICANN.

Robertos comment " if any still exists, for keeping the list alive." is
accurate from his elitist position and only the new Chair of the BoD can change
that reality.  There will always be members like Debbie to do the bidding of
those most interested in maintaining their position as Roberto. And staff is
wise to stay silent.