[ga] Whois brainwashing and ID theft

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Whois brainwashing and ID theft
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:53:35 -0700 (PDT)

At least some of our behavioral "scientists" are getting some airtime on this.
It seems that most in the technical arena involved in the Internet really do
not like our soft science brothers and sisters. I wonder if ICANN lawyers
caused this phenom.

Anyway on page 6 it reads "ICANN is very clearly mindshaping people into giving
private data to registrars, almost like zombies in a trance"

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2009/02/P085400behavadreport.pdf

Ok, just kidding about the quote