Re: [ga] Regarding Registry and Registrar Separation

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Young <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Regarding Registry and Registrar Separation
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mr. Young,

Thank you for your contribution to the GA and your groups support for a 2T
system.

May I be so bold as to ask you the obvious questions?

What is the position on majority stock ownership by a registry in a registrar.

Where do we find the disclosures on Afilias' ownership of interests in orgs
with registrar afiliation?  And likewise where is the disclosure of Afilias
directors and executives associations with registrars?

Would Afilias have a disruption in their market shares if the 2T system were
dislodged in favor of openly allowing the merging of interests between
registries and registrars?

Thanks in advance for your openness and transparency.