RE: [ga] Pending motion of suspension

  • To: <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Pending motion of suspension
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:01:20 +0200

Dear Eric and Debbie,

I would personally invest more time into something with the merits
rather than perpetually feel like being offended by words. The wording
in the rules such as "what may be felt or perceived" as personal attacks
are inherently vague and along with the "secret complainant" it already
resembles the speech of Orwell's Big Brother or my dear comrades during
old-gold communism, which as it seems is still a potentially viable
idea.

I think every normal person should be resistant enough to harsher
speech. I, personally, was being much harsher when expressing and
addressing my opinions to the staff or even to the board members simply
because I could not stand their reluctance, incompetence or
money-addiction any longer. I also do not agree with any sort of secret
complainants with no even trivial courage to publicly express his or her
opinion and stand for it. Messages form such persons should be
immediately rejected as inappropriate. I thing we all are familiar
enough with the "behind closed doors" communication and I wouldn't like
to get involved in it here where free and viable discussion is expected.
We needn't share JW's opinions, we can skip them or filter them out but
I find it a bit paranoiac to demonize his posts by persistent
elaborating on 48 hrs, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. I simply cannot understand
this.

A view from above and more tolerance would be suitable...

Dominik

  _____