Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules, moderator and chair
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:55:53 -0700

Eric and all,

  Yes the RAA-WG and which ever server it resides/lives technically
speaking has a miss set clock and when recieving Email from that
list server, it can reset your Email clients clock or your PC's system
clock as well.  I just re-adjusted/reset mine to the proper DATE,
the time of day was fine.

  That said, as to the list rules again, I again reiterate my previous
statement in response ( see below ).  And it seems to me that it
is the duty of the chair to call for a new election, Mr. GA prime
minister/chair.  And yes we have a voting mechnisim...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Just saw this as I was looking over some RAA-WG docs and noted it was
  sent via a clock that was broke. A guy named Walsh once told me, "you
  know you have an openminded engineer if he can take advice from a
  clock as to what time it is". You are an antagonist. Your generally
  rational logic fails when you come to creation. (got you -- not
  Darwinian) But the creation of a process. By its' very nature the
  originating or founding process cannot be legitimate in the sense you
  use the word. How possibly could a creating process be created using
  that process? Everything must have a beginning. And the beginning of a
  process is perfectly legitimate if it is reached by a consensus of the
  founders. ie there was no democratic vote for the declaration of
  independence creating a democracy or constitutional process for the
  drafting of the constitution. So your obsessed objection to our
  founding rules is misplaced. How can we have a "legitimate" vote until
  we have founded a process to have a vote? Until you or a protagonist
  motivate enough to overrule the founding rules they are
  legitimate.Debbie is right, we have rules. And it appears that Ms.
  Garside and I will enforce them until replaced. For clarification see
  Plato's Republic. or Roberts' rules of order --- On Tue, 4/7/09,

       From: Jeffrey A. Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
       Cc: "Joe Baptista" <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
       sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
       domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
       gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John
       Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Paul Lehto"
       <lehto.paul@xxxxxxxxx>
       Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 7:25 PM

       Eric and all,

         I added another whom is as far as I know, not a list member
       yet, but hopefully he can add some levity and wisdom to the
       discourse.

         I am unsure if the reference as to antagonists and protagonists was
       for anyone's particular interest, however I did take interest yet
       remain unsure if I and either a antagonist or a protagonist.  I
       believe I possess the best qualities of both and can at will, shift
       from one to the other in the interest of encouraging broadening
       thinking processes of all.  Call it a credit default discourse swap,
       if you will, as I am sure a characterization of a Naked Short
       Sell, would be too close to being overly familiar and that the
       word "Naked" will soon be illegal to use on the Internet under
       new criminal legislation being considered, and as I understand
       it one of either the MPAA or RIAA members has a Copyright
       and a TM filed on the use of that term ( Naked ), which doubtlessly
       is related to some video book and written works which is under some
       challenge of which I cannot elaborate on adequately as I and not
       familiar enough with the case and it's progress or lack there of. >:)

         All this said, as originally I remain stalwart that the list rules
       are not legitimate as they were not arrived at in a legitimate
       manner originally as well as the list rules are far less to helpful
       to outreach, which should be important as to transparency
       and openness.

       Hugh Dierker wrote:

       > (the xtra recipients have a reason for inclusion of antagonists and
         protagonists) Ladies and Gentlemen, Some dude with a middle name
         Hussein made an off physically challenged remark on Leno's program.
         Before it aired, he reached out to the leader of the offended and they
         agreed to make a teaching moment out of the problem.(the middle name
         part is to recognize that some of us like them, ie eric hugh
         dierker) Perhaps here we can accomplish several good objectives out of
         this situation; Shed some light on the core programs, good, bad or
         indifferent.Once again, try to bring this list up a notch in
         efficacy.Outreach and become even more available to netizens from
         varied backgrounds and persuasions. So that we may stand on principles
         rather than personalities, until we have volunteers otherwise, we will
         move with our standing Debbie and Joe as moderators and myself as
         chair, but we will step aside as warranted and Joe will have a recusal
         on the moderation of the current consideration of bad taste. As Debbie
         reiterated for us. We do have list rules. Unless the us uproar against
         it, we will make effort to again enforce them. Glenn, thanks for all
         you do, and ... forewarned is forearmed, this may lead to
         something. Reminder on the rules of communication with the chair,
         anything you send to me privately will be respected, anything I send
         to you is fair public domain game -- not even a copywrong claim.