[ga] New CyberSecurity Bill Raises Privacy Questions

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, FTC IP marketplace comments <IPMarketPlace@xxxxxxx>, "FTC OIG's office" <OIG@xxxxxxx>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] New CyberSecurity Bill Raises Privacy Questions
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:01:20 -0700

All,

  Lets see now, Al Gore invented the internet, or was that Vint
Cerf, or no, was it Jon Postel?  Well anyway, we still don't know
whom the mother is.  It seems that she must have been of loose
morals or a perhaps a bit of a broad/verried interest in members
of the opposite sex.  >;)  In any event, whomever she is, her
privacy is holding up pretty well.  But maybe perhaps not for long,
as I am sure Google has captured her gynecologists name, address,
phone number, and has access to her medical records and eventually
those records will become public knowledge, unless of course
she is financially well healed, and than she can pay them to keep
such information under wraps on the QT as it were, eh?  A
frightening thought?  If so, be sure to contact your Senator or
Congress person so that you can adequately express your
opinion.  While your at it, send a few choice phrases regarding
your feelings to Barack as well.  Maybe they'll listen and heed?
Before doing so, be sure to read the proposed legislation fully
and completely so that you can respond comprehensively...

  I've read the proposed legislation, and frankly it's
very dangerous.  So my vote, which I don't have, is NO!
I oppose this legislation in it's current form.  It is
entirely unbalanced and gives the President and Secretary
Knocke far too much leeway and access without prior restraint.

One thing for sure,  Danny would be interested in whom she is as
would wikileaks, eh?

See: http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=09/04/03/1637203

Nicolas Dawson points out coverage in Mother Jones of the early
stages of a
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/04/should-obama-control-internet
new cybersecurity bill that conveys sweeping powers on the
President. Quoting: "The http://cdt.org/security/CYBERSEC4.pdf
Cybersecurity Act of 2009 (PDF) gives the president the ability to
'declare a cybersecurity emergency' and shut down or limit Internet
traffic in any 'critical' information network 'in the interest of
national security.' The bill does not define a critical information
network or a cybersecurity emergency. That definition would be left
to the president.
The bill ... also grants the Secretary of Commerce 'access to all
relevant data concerning [critical] networks without regard to any
provision of law, regulation, rule, or policy restricting such access.'
This means he or she can monitor or access any data on private or
public networks without regard to privacy laws."

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827