Re: [ga] Re: ICANN News Alert -- Ombudsman Evaluation Survey

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN News Alert -- Ombudsman Evaluation Survey
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:15:57 -0700

Eric and all,

  Well it appears to be serious, but I have to agree that there
was somewhere in the decision making process from ICANN
management a gross lack of history, or judgment.

  So I guess we all have to take this as we are all now properly
alerted!  I wonder if this classifies as a "Amber Alert"?  I also
guess we should all be thankful the selected university wasn't
Berkeley or Loyola, eh?  >:)

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Is this serious? I don't think Pepperdine is known for it's unbiased
  research and analysis. So why go through the charade?   --- On Wed,

       From: ICANN News Alert <communications@xxxxxxxxx>
       Subject: ICANN News Alert -- Ombudsman Evaluation Survey
       To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
       Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 5:16 PM

       ICANN

       http://www.icann.org/

       News Alert

       http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3W4YVsjcqW1y_2fRjjd87NTg_3d_3d

       ________________________________

       Ombudsman Evaluation Survey

       Greetings ICANN Community and Stakeholders:

       As part of the 5 year summative evaluation of the Office of the
Ombudsman, we
       are kindly asking your assistance in assessing the value and efficiency
of the
       Office. To this end we have attached a short survey which will enable us
       better understand the community's perception of the Office and its
       relationship to ICANN. Your cooperation is vital to the evaluation
process
       overall.

       Specifically, this survey will collect the sum total of your responses,
which
       will then be analyzed by the Summative Evaluation Team. Truthful and
complete
       answers will be greatly appreciated as they will add to the accuracy and
       credibility of the summative evaluation.

       Please follow the link to SurveyMonkey that has been supplied here.
Notice that
       in some of the questions more than one answer is possible and some
questions
       leave room to allow you to give an explanation with your response.

       We would like to thank you in advance for submitting your responses by
April 1,
       2009. Your opinion is most valuable to us and we appreciate your time.

       Sincerely,

       The Summative Evaluation Team from Pepperdine University.

       Ombudsman Evaluation Survey:
       http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3W4YVsjcqW1y_2fRjjd87NTg_3d_3d

       Sign up for ICANN's Monthly Magazine http://www.icann.org/magazine/

       This message was sent by: ICANN, 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
       , Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601