Re: [ga] ICANN sinks to another low -- eliminates bar chart indicating $4.6 million investment loss from dashboard

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peretti, Kimberly Kiefer" <Kimberly.Peretti@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DHS info <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN sinks to another low -- eliminates bar chart indicating $4.6 million investment loss from dashboard
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:01:33 -0800

George and all,

  I'm fairly sure your not at all surprised.  I certainly am not, but thankfully
I have archived the "Original" Dashboard entry with time and date stamp
for posterity's sake, and of course good openness and transparency
practices, which is NOT an ICANN Halmark.

  Seems to me that ICANN is far more about public image, or should I
say perception, than it is about accountability, honesty, or transparency.
Hence the change, George.  So, around and around the ICANN
merry-go-round we go again, eh?  >:(

  Seems to me, FWIW, that DOJ should be yet again looking into
this nonsense as it appears that again ICANN is dancing very close
to being purposfully misleading to the public for which it is suppose
to be serving.  As I remotely recall this is periously close to, if not
spot on Fraud, or intent to commit fraud.  But than again the DOJ
would need to look into that possibility, and I for one hope they
do, but am not holding my breath.

  Oh the drama, eh!

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As I just noted on CircleID:
>
> http://www.circleid.com/posts/20090203_icann_blows_46_million_stock_market/
>
> ICANN has sunk to another low. Notice in the article above there used to be a
> bar chart indicating the $4.6 million loss in the dashboard. However, in the
> most recent dashboard:
>
> http://forms.icann.org//idashboard/public/
>
> (Updated Financials as of January 31, 2009), the bar chart with the
> investment losses has disappeared (it used to be next to "Contributions")!
>
> I've created an annotated screenshot archive showing the missing bar chart.
>
> http://www.loffs.com/images/dashboard20090227.pdf
>
> So much for ICANN transparency!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.leap.com/

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827