Re: [ga] Fair Use and Civility

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Fair Use and Civility
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:31:53 -0800

Eric and all,

  Agreed.  Protecting speech and expression is a thorny subject
area, but is also the most important one otherwise the founding
fathers of America would not have made it the 1st Amendment,
nor would the Bill of Rights been one of the Three major founding
documents of American Democracy.  But politicians, like lawyers
all want to equivocate to meet some purposeful agenda or ideology.
That's a shame and a shame on them, not every day Americans.
Every day Americans know better.  So who's the wiser?  Well,
I know what my answer is.  Do you?

  Lao Tzu once put it this way: "One who knows others is wise,
one who knows oneself is enlightened".  I know myself!

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> I think the "we are huge and we will smash you like a bug" attitude of
  copyright enforcers should be curbed a little. If govs have a purpose
  is a democratic capitalistic society it probably should include
  protecting speech and the least
  powerful.
http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=articles&id=C263C439-6523-4F17-8709-28FCA73A26FE

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827