Re: [ga] Kamusi.com Domain

  • To: "Karl E. Peters" <tlda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Kamusi.com Domain
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:21:56 -0800

Karl and all,

  Fully agreed, which is why I called for the DOJ to do an in depth
investigation and do it soon.  IF missmanagment of a public resource
such as a SLD or a TLD is allowed to continue based on very narrow
technical means, ability, or opertunity, than it should not stand.  As
Lincoln said, "a house divided against itself, cannot stand".  Much of
this IMO is due to poor RAA's and little if any oversight by ICANN,
of for that matter, by DOC/NTIA.  Accountability is lacking here,
and has been for nearly a decade now.  That's NOT exceptable!

"Karl E. Peters" wrote:

>  Jeffrey and all,    It is hardly my job to defend GoDaddy or the
> private domain people, but I must, in the interest of fairness suggest
> the following supposition and see if that too meets with the same
> reaction here. (Keep in mind that I am opposed to private
> registrations of SLDs as much as TLDs.)    Suppose "Mr. X" registers
> kumasi.com in anticipatin that the people of kumasi.org would
> eventually look into having it, as well. (as they actually did)
> Perhaps Mr. X wanted to position himself to make a profit from the
> unsuspecting kumasi.org when their interest surfaced, but did not want
> to be known as a bottom feeder and thus registered it as a private
> registration with the understanding that inquiries about its purchase
> would be presented to them. (Of course, this all could be a giant
> scheme by GoDaddy to hold and sell millions of high priced domains,
> but it does not have to be and may not be. There are millions of
> opportunists in the world that would be cometeting with them.)
> Let's accuse on facts and not on suppositions!!! This is an issue that
> warants investigation, but no one should be convicted before the
> investigation takes place. -Karl E. Peters

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827