Re: [ga] More RIAA nonsense: RIAA Walks Away From Another "Discovery"Case

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] More RIAA nonsense: RIAA Walks Away From Another "Discovery"Case
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:59:46 -0800 (PST)

Jeff,

Some times I must look over my shoulder searching for what I missed when I find
myself in general agreement with you. As with my allegory of Constance I hope
my sarcasm is not lost in translation as it were.

What is at stake here is huge. We must respect and protect innovaters and
artists and provide them safety when sharing their creations with us. We must
strive to create environments where the human creativity and hardwork is
appropriately rewarded and revered. We must be careful stewards and archivists
of the power of human thought as expressed in any medium.

Renovation, amendment, parody, education and improvement are part of civilized
growth in society. They must be equally protected and promoted and given safety
to flourish. (where I grew up are the largest{save Alaska} natural preserves
and parks in the world, here we show our respect and adoration of things
natural and pure, and we call this the public domain) We must do nothing less
with things intellectual and uniquely human. There must be ever increasing
areas that are accepted and protected for the public to play with, duplicate,
admire and be inspired by. We are at a time in our history where the creative
Public Domain must be expanded and not contracted.