Re: [ga] Need for F2F meetings?

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Need for F2F meetings?
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:51:25 -0800

Eric and all,

  Frankly, I believe that face to face meetings which ICANN has
from time to time and in different locals is a good idea IF effective,
open and transparent remote participation to all aspects of such
meetings is provided.

  I am sure that some of our members in Latin America will be attending
and shall keep the remainder of our members that cannot attend for
whatever reasons, and are not "ICANN Fellows" in ICANN's Fellowship
program which ask/requires for consideration a forgoing of many of their

interpersonal and hard fought for human rights.  I find that
particularly,
not only not doable due to other conflicting contractual obligations,
but also offensive from a pragmatic and long standing principled
perspective.

  Such Fellowship programs or membership organizations of similar
or other types need serious independent review and be in accordance
with international, as well as USG legal and regulatory requirements.

  As to your link reference, it was interesting reading, but FWIW, I've
never found pornographic videos to be particularly arousing.  I'm
sure others responses may very well differ and many to more or less
to a matter of degree.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> I saw the call for "bidding" on hosting a Latin American meeting for
  ICANN. Looked just long enough to start calculating costs. Read a
  brief piece on the enviro foot print of just a few moments of total
  google searches versus more traditional "driving or calling around".
  Looked a Georges' piece on eservice concepts in the UDRP.  No question
  we act more responsibly as earth citizens by limiting shipping our
  bodies about for discussion. But then; I am working on the Jury
  selection for a trial on a rather heinous allegation of mayhem and
  debauchery imposed on a minor. I am convinced the defendant has her
  best chance of "winning" by obtaining multiple mistrials by way of
  hung Juries as the facts are not in her favor. Clearly the psycho
  design of the 12 will be aimed at discordance and conflicting types so
  agreement is minimized. Engineers versus theologists, housewives
  versus upwardly mobile female professionals and the like. Then build
  in natural pro and antagonism of sexes, ages, height and weight. But
  it is the physical interactions that leave me blind. It is nearly
  impossible to predict attractions and dislikes of a purely physical
  nature. Hence work in matters like
  sweat;http://www.livescience.com/health/090109-sexual-sweat.html
  Think what other subconscious cues we send each other. No I do not
  think that ICANNs physical meetings are the best venue for predictable
  logical analysis and policy setting. By using the buffers of our
  electronic age we can eliminate the human fallacies, frailties and
  powers that misdirect our judgments. OTOH I think friendships and
  building common experiences are invaluable to getting along.  Trouble
  is that, that does not always look the best "on paper".

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827