Re: [ga] Fwd: [ NNSquad ] AP: "China targets Google in crackdown onpornography" (plus a comment)

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Fwd: [ NNSquad ] AP: "China targets Google in crackdown onpornography" (plus a comment)
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 19:18:12 -0800

Dr. Joe and all,

  I for one am glad to see that China is finnaly clamping down on
Porn in at least some fashion, all be it that their own countrymen
whom are registrants, and registrars are as guilty of proliferating
same.
Google has sense it's inception has been with it's Search Engine
technology
tempting fate and enabling to Pornographers, and proliferators of same
of all sorts.  Yahoo as well are as guilty.  Yet for whatever reason(s)
our governments ( Canada and US ) are amongst several that have
turned mostly a blind eye to the major proliferators, i.e. Google, ect.,

of such.  One can only wonder why?

  So we all can hope that Vint Cerf will with his "Evanglistic"
role/position
within Google, Evangelize to change Googles enabeling ways of
proliferating
Porn.  So far it appears evident in China that those efforts are far
less than exceptable.  So why are they excpetable in the US, Canada, and
in other
countries?

Joe Baptista wrote:

> The problem with search engines is that they are centralized - unlike
> the DNS.  You can always find someone to sue or hold accountable
> behind a search engine.  In the DNS accountability is a sort of cloudy
> issue with so many splinters and versions of roots and tlds mucking up
> the namespace.  A lot of claims too.  China realized this early about
> the DNS - thats one of the motivations behind the launching of the
> China National TLD system.  You can't control the DNS - but you can
> control your own piece of the network.  In Chinas case the National
> TLDs are the network they can rely on if ICANN or the USG go bonkers.
>
> regards
> joe baptista

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827