[ga] Spammer Fined in New Zealand; Still Faces Charges in US

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Spammer Fined in New Zealand; Still Faces Charges in US
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:14:48 -0800

All,

  I hope ICANN gets the underlying message here.  But somehow
I am doubtful.  Recently I have passed along to the FTC several
Spam Emails that I have received along with a host of other of
our members have also received to that were from "Special" IP
addresses that are directly assigned to ICANN.  Yet Leo and
Kieren have argued strongly that these Emails were not indeed
Spam.  Utter nonsense of course.  Two of these Spam Emails
were soliciting pornographic content for forwarding...

See:
(December 22, 2008)
Lance Atkinson has agreed to pay fines of NZ $110,000 (US $62,842) for
his role in an international spam operation.  Atkinson is also facing
charges in the US; his assets there have been frozen.  The spam
operation is believed to be responsible for more than 2 million
unsolicited messages sent to computers in New Zealand over a four-month
period in late 2007.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/security/kiwis-nail-a-mr-big-of-the-spam-world/2008/12/22/1229794316883.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10549355

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/scrt/51E464D9C8D31326CC257527002029BD

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,27574,24835398-3102,00.html

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827