[ga] Yahoo finnaly starts to get the message: Yahoo Promises To Anonymize and Limit User Data

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Yahoo finnaly starts to get the message: Yahoo Promises To Anonymize and Limit User Data
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 01:57:44 -0800

All,

  Finally Yahoo starts getting the message!  As this move is good
for users and especially registrants, it doesn't yet go far enough
but does set a new change in attitude that is at least positive step
in the right direction.  Not to worry though, INEGroup will keep
up the pressure on Google and Yahoo, until they get the message
fully!  So for now we welcome this change we will still not be using
Google or Yahoo as our search engine choice.  Ask.com shall
remain our #1 choice.

See:
While Google is saying that
http://search.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/13/167259&tid=217
personalization is the key to search, Yahoo is taking a different view
of the topic. Yahoo announced
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Yahoo-Sets-New-Industry-bw-13852689.html
plans to retain user data for no longer than 90 days and to
anonymize data. Even if Yahoo is not your favorite search engine, it is
a good move in the direction of online privacy if it will force others
follow suit. Reader  http://quicktrivia.com/ Mike adds "Yahoo did say,
however, that it will keep some data for up to six months for security
and fraud reasons, as part of some 'specific and limited exceptions."

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827