[ga] Australia Says No to Internet Censorship

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Australia Says No to Internet Censorship
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:28:00 -0800

All,

  Seems that long and hard work against Censorship is showing
signs of baring fruit.  It's nice to know that the efforts in this
direction
have gained some more ground.

  Now if we can only get the GA, GNSO, and ICANN as a whole
to see the light...  We must all work together to remove the pestilence
of Censorship and affront to liberty from our thoughts, minds, ideas,
and and discourse!

  Censorship in all it's ugly perverted forms is wrong!

See:
A  http://i.bloople.net/ nationwide protest rally against the
internet censorship filter proposed by the Australian Labor Government
was held today. Over 9,000 people were slated to attend. I was fortunate
enough to go to the rally on the steps of Parliament House in Adelaide,
South Australia. I heard speeches from the
http://geek.viewfromwithin.net/wpmu/2008/12/13/internet-censorship-australia-says-no/
Digital Liberty Coalition, the  http://www.greenleft.org.au/ Green Left
Weekly, and other concerned members of the public."  Reader
mask.of.sanity adds a link to
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/270896/aussies_hold_nation-wide_rallies_against_plans_sanitise_internet
ComputerWorld's photo-heavy coverage of the gatherings.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827