[ga] Google Negotiating With Justice Department

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Google Negotiating With Justice Department
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:56:38 -0700

All,

  Seems that Google is yet again seeking a negotiated arrangment
to save face as well as avoide being prosecuted.  But users
want to know, what's behind door number 2?  Another perp
walk perhaps?  Difficult choice as to which is preferable and
benifits users most and reduces advertising spam best.  It's
difficult for me to believe that USDOJ will negotiate in the
best interests of the Internet using public who hates spam.
I hope that they prove me wrong however....

See:
"Cnet reports that to avoid being sued by the US
Justice Department,
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10065192-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
Google is negotiating with them. The Justice Department and a multistate
task force are still reviewing the proposal to decide whether to oppose
the partnership. Under the non-exclusive partnership
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9967369-7.html Google would supply
Yahoo with some search ads, a move that could increase Yahoo search
revenue, but that also gives Google even more power in the market.
Yahoo expects the 10-year deal to raise revenue by $800 million in its
first year and to provide an extra $250 million to $450 million in
incremental operating cash flow. Google's share of the US search market
reached 71 percent in August, compared with Yahoo's 18.26,
http://www.hitwise.com/ according to Hitwise's most recent numbers."

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827