[ga] Re: [At-Large] [ALAC-Announce] Registrants 'Bill of Rights andResponsibilities' - Call for Volunteers

  • To: At-Large Worldwide <at-large@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adam Peake <ajp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, GAC Rep <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kieren McCarthy <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [At-Large] [ALAC-Announce] Registrants 'Bill of Rights andResponsibilities' - Call for Volunteers
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:26:30 -0700

Adam and all,

  To my knowledge, ICANN has never implimented any form
of a policy that is "Consensus" based, yet questionably declaired
Consensus policies have been hoist upon stakeholders by
the ICANN staff and Bod sense 1999.  Of course ICANN
has claimed that "Rough Consensus" was achieved adaquately
enough to enshrine whatever policy ICANN believed and believes
was sufficient.  As with RegistryFly amongst a host of other errors
in such judgment have become evident even to ICANN, seemingly
the last to admit an error in their collective and edicted judgment, it
remains pointedly clear that such judgment was and remains significantly
in error.  Our members see now, and have seen sense 1999 that
such is a result of improper consultation AND a lack of stakeholders
that choose to participate restricted or unable to VOTE on such
proposed policies.