[ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Restoring the Safety Net

  • To: "na-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <na-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Restoring the Safety Net
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:13:24 -0700

Danny and all,

  Of course, your right that an error in judgment on the part of ICANN
in respects to the RGP is evident.  It was when it was first proposed,
but ICANN staff at the time disagreed and approved the RGP process.

  What is even more clear now, is that the ALAC leadership are not
particularly knowledgeable enough on specific process considerations
regarding nearly anything remotely related to DNS, DN registration,
and certainly not privacy or security.  Ergo although you are rightly
calling the ALAC out to engage effectively, there is little doubt
that the ALAC is not likely to be up to such a task.  As such a
more directed consultation WG open to any and all, would be a
more likely means by which addressing the earlier judgment error,
one of many, that ICANN's staff has left languishing...  After all,
ICANN is supposed to be all about openess, transparency, bottom
up process and accountability, right?