Re: [ga] Vixies vixens make big boo boo on successful Russian DNS hack

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vixies vixens make big boo boo on successful Russian DNS hack
  • From: Thomas Baxter <baxtertms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

 More self agrandisements, Joe.

Oh Joe, did you pay the CDN $40k to those police man that sued you for slander
in Ontario? Oh, but I guess that any one who calls themselfs "Internet God" cant
brag too much?

From http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/defamation/liability.html
"The issue of ISP liability has also arisen in Canada. For example,
where the original authors may be judgment proof, the plaintiff could
seek a remedy from an intermediary. For example, in Fantino v. Baptista,
an Ontario policeman obtained a modest default judgment for CDN$40,000
for damages in respect to some defamatory electronic messages. The
defendant, who claimed he had no assets and could afford to ignore the
judgment, reportedly told a newspaper reporter he was an "Internet god"
who was engaged in a war against the government. This type of defendant
may lead plaintiffs to sue "deep pocket" defendants such as large
ISPÕs. (64)"