Re: [ga] Report: Registrars & Steroids

  • To: peter@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Report: Registrars & Steroids
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:50:53 -0700

Peter and all

  My remarks and concerns interspersed below Peters.

Peter Dambier wrote:

> Yes, I think it is a good idea. Let us take Microsoft offline,
> because they are selling the software that was used to create
> all that spam in the first place.

  Not all spam originates for Microsoft products, but what does,
should be either fixed immediately, or yes, banned entirely.

> And dont forget to take Boing offline too because they are selling
> weapons that most likely you and me are not allowed to carry -
> e.g. bomber airplanes.

Only the B-52 is or was built by Boing that remains in service
but no longer produced.  Lockheed Martin builds the still in production
"Bomber planes" that remain in production.  The rest are of Russian
design an manufacture.  However Bomber planes are not related to
Registrars or Steroids nor are they a hazard unless mis-used.

> Cars are not safe for children. That is why we have to get rid of
> them. In germany we have successfully banned autobusses from cities
> because they are sending more carbon dust through their exhaust pipes
> than SUVs do.

Cars are only unsafe to children if being operated by children that
are not capable of operating a car safely or by adults that also cannot
operate a car safely.  They are otherwise an enanament object and are
as such in and of themselves, not unsafe or dangerous.

> How about free speach - it is mostly four letter words anyhow.
> Why bother?

  Well I rarely use "Four Letter" words as this Email in response can
attest to.  So this argument has no real relevance also accordingly.
Free speech has little if anything to do with the sale online, of
Steroids.
Steroids if sold to anyone without a Dr.'s order, is an illegal activity.
Advertising them online in an of itself is not, but selling Steroids in an

unsafe and illegal manner online IS a intentionally harmful and illegal
activity, and such web sites should be shut down either permanently or
temporarily.

  In conclusion, and to a degree what I think Danny's point is, is that
ICANN and DOC/NTIA are seemingly remiss in their oversight
responsibilities
regarding those Domains and their Registrars whom are the Registrar of
record, are actively engaging in harmful and illegal activities, either
directly
or indirectly.  Ignorance my be bliss, but it cannot be tolerated
indefinitely
in cases/instances such as the sale of Steroids via a Domain name' web
site
in an illegal manner.  So either ICANN or the Registrar needs to step
up if either is to meet it's legal responsibilities and/or mandate.
Failing
such, than when noticed by any user, he/she has a legal responsibility to
report such illegal activities accordingly.  Notifying ICANN, DOC/NTIA
and the Registrar of record would/should also be very helpful/useful as
well so as to hopefully alert law enforcement of their complicity
accordingly.

> Cheers
> Peter
>
> Danny Younger wrote:

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827