Re: [ga] Re: Potential Danger Ahead for Registrants -- dot-info Abusive Domain Use Policy

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Potential Danger Ahead for Registrants -- dot-info Abusive Domain Use Policy
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:34:33 +0200

At 06:00 19/07/2008, George Kirikos wrote:
Hello,
Just to followup, it appears ICANN has approved the Afilias policy,
without even a formal public comment period:

http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/jones-to-afilias-18jul08.pdf

I think this might require a reconsideration request or some other
action to appeal.

Dear George,
you know better about this case. May be you might:

- document the abusive use Affilias policy highlighting the points making a formal public comment period required. - present the formal demand for a reconsideration or appeal as collectively signed by identified GA Members.

If we want to make sure that the IIC strategy presented by ICANN, which calls for a consolidation of the ICANN practices, is a good strategy we must first make sure that ICANN respects its own rules, or has good documented reasons not to respect them. How could we know otherwise what is the best for ICANN and users to consolidate.

Actually, it would be a good thig to create an IIC (Improving Institutional Confidence) Committee (IICC) to analyse and check in real conditions what the post-JPA ICANN should be/do. Keeping in mind that the main issues are: Internal Governance, IPv6, new TLDs, ML-DNS, people centrism, IGF involvement and IANA distribution. The last six areas where ICANN still has a very low or confuse experience necessarily impacting the first area, that should preserved through a "management by the book" approach.

Such an IICC could help in presenting and noting every ICANN decision about these 7 points. I am ready to rebuild and dedicate the http://wikicann.org site to such a work. Making it a book of ICANN decisions and procedures by the people for the real people ?

Who could be interested ?
jfc