[ga] [Fwd: Re: [At-Large] Bulgaria moves to register Cyrillic Internet domain]

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] [Fwd: Re: [At-Large] Bulgaria moves to register Cyrillic Internet domain]
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:51:28 -0700

All,

  FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [At-Large] Bulgaria moves to register Cyrillic Internet
domain
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:45:44 -0700
From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Dessi Pefeva <dpefeva@xxxxxxx>, twomey@xxxxxxxxx,ICANN SSAC Dave
Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>,Steve Crocker
<steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julie.myers@xxxxxxx
CC: At-Large Worldwide <alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,icann board
<icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>,icann legal <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN SSAC
<ssac@xxxxxxxxx>

Dessi and all,

  Lets all hope that ICANN's president insures that the Bulgarian
application for registration for the .?? (.bg in Cyrillic) that the
security considerations are well outlined and fully protect potential
users unlike isoc.bg.  See:
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=isoc.bg&token=26201232704f78371b301d8626d63019

  Further lets hope that for domain names in this new IDN for Bulgaria
meets the US standard to go into effect for PCI and credit card
transactions
is fully and properly implemented and good oversight protocols for same
are in place.
See:PCI Standard Section 6.6 Addresses Web Application Security
Section 6.6 of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard
will come into effect on June 30.  Section 6.6 requires that companies
with stored credit card or other consumer financial data install
application firewalls around all Internet-facing applications or have
all the applications' code reviewed for security flaws.
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2219820/pci-standard-lacking-secerno
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pdfs/infosupp_6_6_applicationfirewalls_codereviews.pdf