[ga] ICANN de-accreditation of two gTLD registrars?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] ICANN de-accreditation of two gTLD registrars?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I noticed that ICANN is looking for registrars to takeover the
registrations of Bestregistrar.com and Dotforce.com:

http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-06jun08-en.htm

Was this related to:

http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-23may08-en.htm ??

They don't appear on the list of the top 10 worst offenders:

http://www.knujon.com/registrars/#the_list

It would have been nice if registrants were given some kind of warning
(I couldn't find an announcement regarding those 2 particular
registrars). Fortunately less than 6000 domains are affected, but if it
was a bigger registrar, there should be some policy in place to warn
registrants, lest they be unable to manage their domains for
weeks/months (or even worse, lose their domains due to inability to
renew, etc.).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/