Re: [ga] EARTH TO ICANN -staff please find attached your registrations

  • To: "Joe Baptista" <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] EARTH TO ICANN -staff please find attached your registrations
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:37:28 +0200

At 17:39 30/05/2008, Joe Baptista wrote:
I'm still waiting for the answer to the question. Has ICANN or IANA authorized the use of their word marks registered with the USPTO, and used at the following URL
<http://www.inaic.com/index.php?p=tld-registrars>http://www.inaic.com/index.php?p=tld-registrars
by an organization calling itself the The Internet Names Authorization & Information Center (INAIC)? Again I ask staff to kindly answer that question promptly or provide some notice as to the time required to respond. For the record, ICANN staff are advised to review the following records at their disposal. As you can see from the registration record you are the owners.

I am quite surprised that IANA might be an ICANN registered TM and not an USG/NTIA registered one. ICANN is only delegated by yearly renewed agreement the management of the IANA function.

May be this is something you want to check first.
jfc