RE: [ga] defining a problem...

  • To: "'GA'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] defining a problem...
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:00:37 +0100

Quite a good deterrent methinks!

Debbie

  _____

From: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Neuman, Jeff
Sent: 03 April 2008 15:31
To: Karl Peters - TLDA; GA

If you review the actual GNSO motion pending, the fees would be a lot higher
than what you have indicated.  If a registrar registered 500 names (as in
your example), and returns 499 of them, the following would apply:

1.      If only 1 name were kept, the registrar would be allowed 50 deletes
for the month.  (The motion states the greater of 10% or 50 names)

2.      450 names would have to be paid for at full price.

3.      Assuming $6.42 per name that means the registrar would have to pay
$2889.00 (not $99.80).

4.      Selling the name at $250 per name would mean:

$ 250.00 -

$ 2889.00

      $ - 2639 (clear loss)

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.