RE: [ga] domain tastinmg comments

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] domain tastinmg comments
  • From: Shane Kinsch <shane.kinsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:04:57 -0500

As a legitimate registrar, we had perps fraudulently register domains that
we've caught within the first few days of registration whether it be caught
by the credit card company or other indications that the registration is
suspicious (such as in phishing, etc.).  The grace period is good for this
and I would much rather pay $0.20  vs. loose the whole registration fee.

The solution is simple. if your drop rate is above X%, then you will be
charged $0.20 for every drop.  That takes care of legitimate registrars like
mine and the kiters and tasters out there will make it financially
infeasible for them to continue to operate.

Shane

Shane T Kinsch, CISSP

<file:///C:\Users\Shane%20Kinsch\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\ginet-
spelledout-logo-sm.gif>

  an ICANN Accredited Registrar

:: shane.kinsch@xxxxxx

:: wireline@913.871.0454 x803