[ga] Wikileaks Calls For Global Boycott Against eNom

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Wikileaks Calls For Global Boycott Against eNom
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:58:47 -0700

All,

FYI

  This is the kind of thing I and our members have been fearing would
happen
if ICANN didn't take steps in time to get it Registries and Registrars
in line
with policing their registrants properly.  Frankly I, nor any of our
members
support censoring of Domain Names entirely for minor mistakes such
as Wikileaks has done, however many times they have done so.  Their
rep., was damaged permanently as was Wikipedia's over a year ago now
with constantly posting to their web sites totally inaccurate and often
unverified information.  Google will be facing same if they don't get
their act together as well.

  Also just as frankly, it seems to me that Wikileaks has a 1st
amendment
case here is they choose to make the challange.  My guess is that they
don't have the resources to make that challange or are fearful of the
E-Discovery such a challange would no doubt require and produce.

One lesson I hope is taken by registrants as well as Registries and
Registrars is Dishonesty never pays for long and usually ends up
being very very costly indeed!

See:

The folks at Wikileaks are calling for a
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/WIKILEAKS.INFO_censored_by_eNom_and_Demand_Media

boycott against eNom, Inc., one of the top internet domain registrars,
which
WikiLeaks claims is involved in systematic domain censoring. On Feb 28th

eNom shut down wikileaks.info, one of the many Wikileaks mirrors held by

a volunteer as a side-effect of the court proceedings around
wikileaks.org. In addition, eNom was the registrar that shut off
access to a Spanish travel agent who showed up on a US Treasury watch
list. Wikileaks calls for a 'global boycott of eNom and its parent
Demand
Media, its owners, executives and their affiliated companies, interests
and holdings, to make clear such behavior can and will not be tolerated
within the boundaries of the Internet and its global community.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827