RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Domain name tasting" <domain-tasting-2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:59:00 +0100

Jeff,

I fully agree. $0.20 re-registration fee is an insufficient solution. I
am always feeling some sort of domain speculation in mind when listening
to such proposals. If I cannot order a pizza and then cancel the order
just paying $0.20 fine, why should have I an extra privilege regarding
domain names?
As far as we know, the AGP concept was never officially addressed or
discussed during the .com registry agreement process. No one knows, or
wants to say what actually happened behind the closed doors during the
agreement approval. Therefore, in my opinion, the AGP has no legitimate
background to be further supported. It is just a neverending source of
problems, despite of all proclaimed 'benefits' it allegedly brings.

Dominik