[ga] U.S. House Says the Internet is Terrorist Threat

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] U.S. House Says the Internet is Terrorist Threat
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 01:03:47 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

All,

  Seems Dr. Joe may has a valid consideration in his earlier
post on a different thread. See:

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill (H.R. 1955)
last month, by a vote of 404 to 6, that says the Internet is
a terrorist tool and that Congress needs to develop and
implement methods to combat it.

see: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1955
and http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h1955:

  We shall see if this gets through the Senate, but with this
kind of vote in the house, seems likely it will.

  From my own point of view, I believe that the US congress
is going a little overboard here.  However, it is clear that
home grown idealogs of various sorts have resorted to miscreant
activity of many and various sorts that have prompted users
to seek government intervention and protection as ICANN has
been unwilling of unable to do so through their own limited
or ill suited means such as voluntary standards and policy
compliance of registries and registrars with no method of
enforcment or lack of will to enforce RAA's in an expediant,
predictable, and/or effective manner.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827