Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

--- Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://blog.domaintools.com/2007/05/score-card-on-the-icann-board-and-how-dotcom-savvy-they-are/

> And with an opening line of:
>
>     "The ICANN Board controls the Internet."
>
> we know for sure that the rest of the posting is sure to be
> illuminating and informative.

It's 5 months after that blog post, and Wodelet.com, Getschko.com and
Rionge.com are still in Jay's hands, unclaimed by the respective board
members. If they were savvier, they'd have claimed them already. With
parents now buying domains for their babies:

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_286004453.html

it demonstrates how some of the Board are behind the curve. It's hard
to be a leader when one is that out of touch.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/

P.S. ThomasNarten.com is still unregistered. :) KarlAuerbach.com
expired and went into redemption grace period....Ross demonstrates his
savviness, owning RossRader.com. :)