[ga] Job Posting: Registrar Constituency Advocate

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Job Posting: Registrar Constituency Advocate
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:54:50 -0700 (PDT)

Found on the registrars list:

As you know, we recently approved a line item in the
RC budget to fund a professional to assist us with our
ICANN advocacy.  We need help drafting and
coordinating constituency statements and position
papers on a host of issues.  We are looking for
someone to assist on a part-time basis.  The
individual must be an independent contractor and will
not be considered an employee of the RC or ICANN.

Please refer anyone interested to me.
Thanks.

Jon

Registrar Constituency Advocate

Position reports to: Chair, ICANN Registrar
Constituency (RC), and supports the RC as a whole, as
well as the Executive Committee members

Main purpose:
Provide advocacy support to the RC

Key responsibilities:
?       Assist the RC in developing RC positions on various
ICANN-related policy and other issues
?       Draft impact statements and position papers on
behalf of the RC during the ICANN policy development
process
?       Draft RC statements related to non-policy related
ICANN issues
?       Assist the RC in developing public responses to
various ICANN-related issues
?       Represent the RC in oral advocacy opportunities on
request
?       Participate in RC meetings and RC Executive
Committee meetings on request
?       Perform other services on request

Ideal Candidate Profile:

Related experience/Interpersonal skill set:

?       Experience in advocating public policy issues
?       Familiarity with internet/technology industry
required
?       Familiarity with ICANN an asset
?       Ability to organize a large group of people and
achieve consensus on an issue
?       Excellent written advocacy skills required
?       Strong oral advocacy skills an asset
?       Ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure
situations
?       Collaborates well in one-on-one situations and in
group settings
?       Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and
urgency to deliver
?       Highly adaptable

Education:

?       Graduate-level education, preferably in law or
public policy

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.