Re: [ga] Wikipedia declining, credibility and internal struggles sited

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Wikipedia declining, credibility and internal struggles sited
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:28:13 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Ted and all,

  It is encouraging that there are a few new participants.
Some are return participants, btw.

  I disagree that Wikipedia is Off Topic as Wiki is what
is being used in part fo IDN implimentation.  Secondly the
relevance of wikipedia as a reference source for Domain name
and DNS related issues, ect. is well already established and
internally documented as well all be it Wikipedia's accuracy
is, and has been, in serious question.  Ergo recent events as to
Wikipedia's relevance on and to the GA participants, and my posting
information regarding same and therefore not off topic
accordingly.  However I do thank you for your concern anyway.

P.S.

  I am sure that you would agree that referencing DNS, Domain name
and other Internet related issues and/or specifics form a source
whos credibility is in jepordy such as Wikipedia, is of significant
interest to new and long term GA participants as I hope you
would want them to have accurate idologically non-biased reference
information.  Additionally using Wiki approach to introduction of
new TLD's or IDN's would also be of interest as well as concern
to every registrant and user, which I hope you would agree as well.