Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:20:56 +0200

Dear Danny,
As you know my organisation belongs to the NCUC :-) . As a local ISOC Member I have no particular competence in IDNs :-) .

Encouraging (only, not acknowldeging me a right) my competition to welcome me without the right to address the points I consider as real because I am engaged in developping them is not much exciting. Also, having no right to "vote" in a consensually oriented decision process really worries me.

More importantly. I consider there are eigth persons with real influence on all this. Two of them are active on the GA, may be more are lurking. Others lists are dilluted. The only technical IETF related list is dead. The option is really either to try to make this list a serious professional forum, and Multilingual Internet is the technological and societal crux, or to create an ICANN GA independent list, gathering people interested in the real ICANN deliverables (not in its internal process) and able to conservatively act subsidiarily if ICANN fail its charter.

jfc