Re: [ga] ICANN, TWNIC Host "Toward the New Era of Internet"- IDN Key topic

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN, TWNIC Host "Toward the New Era of Internet"- IDN Key topic
  • From: "Simon Schuster" <significants@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:55:13 -0700

I agree. For instance, in Hebrew, I'm highly in favor of .שלי and .חדש
and others that are not
simply "transliterations" of the very-much flattened and empty (as far as
pertinent information about the site/classification) com, net, org etc.

What fun it would be for native languages to decide for themselves
what TLD characters would be meaningful and appropriate!