Re: [ga] .post and the GNSO Council

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .post and the GNSO Council
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:46:31 -0400

Karl Auerbach wrote:

Of course, one might wonder why the "Universal" (really?) "Postal Union" wants its own TLD when .int is expressly for such organizations.

Come on Karl. All the worlds a stage and we merly player .... etc. etc. - the .post TLD is pure marketing and making a buck.

If measured in terms of volume or value of material carried from person to person across national boundaries that perhaps Fed Ex and UPS ought also to get their own top level domains as well. Does existence by virtue of a treaty justify a TLD over existence by innovation?

Come on Karl. You were kept informed on the INAIC / UNIDT / UnifiedRoot experiment, or scam in the Netherlands. You should know there are many corporations that have purchased TLDs. When given a chance FedEx and UPS make perfect TLDs for corporations. Works for china.

The real issue here is can icann repair the technical fractures in the DNS it is responsible for and that has resulted in the deterioration of the

Be it as it may, the only real question ought to be whether they will operate their name servers in conformity with broadly accepted and practiced written technical standards and practices. That is the one and only test that ought to be used; everything else is social and economic regulation.

This is ICANN. I don't think they have a clear understanding of the technical issues to understand that rome is burning while the icann board fiddles. There are now many organization created top level domains. These domains are in demand - but the demand has created fractures. .post is the least of our concerns.

cheers
joe baptista

        --karl--

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551