ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

[dow3tf] TR: Statement of interests tf3

  • To: "3DOW3tf" <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow3tf] TR: Statement of interests tf3
  • From: "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:38:53 +0200
  • Cc: "Barbara Roseman" <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[To: Whois task force 3]

Please find the statements of Interest/ Conflicts for some of the task force
members. It was suggested that they might be included in the final report.
For those who have not yet sent one, please do.

Thank you very much.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat

WHOIS TASK FORCE 3
STATEMENTS OF INTEREST/CONFLICT

SARAH B. DEUTSCH
Commercial and Business Users Constituency

I am representing the Business Constituency through my participation in the
WHOIS accuracy task force.  I am Vice President & Association General
Counsel for Verizon Communications.  Verizon has been involved in ICANN
since its inception and we have been involved in policy issues, including a
keen interest in a stable and accurate WHOIS database for many years.  I do
not sit on any Board of a registrar, registry or related company.

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044
Fax:      703-351-3670
sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx

GREG RUTH
Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

I am an employee of Verizon Federal Network Systems, a subsidiary of
Verizon Communications (a worldwide voice and data communications
company).  I have no other affiliations.

BRIAN DARVILLE
Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

see attached pdf.

ROSS W. RADER
Registrars Constituency

I am the Director of Innovation & Research for Tucows Inc. and have been
for as long as I can remember ;)

Tucows is an ICANN accredited registrar and an active member of the GNSO
and the Registrar Constituency. Other than as a customer, neither I nor
Tucows has any material interests in a Registry operation. Tucows is a
founding member of Afilias. Tucows does business with many GNSO members.

I participate on this task force as the elected representative of the
Registrar Constituency. As the Registrar Constituency Representative, I
am required and authorized to represent only the interests of the
Constituency membership as a whole and not those of individual member
firms, including my own.

TERRY L. CLARK
Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

I am currently serving on the Whois PDP Task Force as AIPLA's alternate
to the Intellectual Property Con.

I am the Managing Partner of the Reston, VA office of Harness, Dickey &
Pierce, P.L.C.  While I and the firm represent clients on matters where
the accuracy of WHOIS data may be important, I am not aware of any
special interest that I, the firm, or an affiliation of either, that
directly relates to the work of Task Force 3.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Terry L. Clark, Esq.
Harness, Dickey & Pierce, PLC
11730 Plaza America Drive
Suite 600
Reston, Virginia 20190
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 FRANNIE WELLINGS
Non Commercial Users constituency

My name is Frannie Wellings. I'm a policy analyst at the Electronic
Privacy Information Center and a representative to the Non-Commercial
Users Constituency.  I represent non-commercial users on WHOIS task
force 3.  EPIC has long been involved in these issues including the
representation of EPIC's Ruchika Agrawal on the previous WHOIS task
force.  Apart from safeguarding the interests of non-commercial
users, I have no other interests affecting my participation on this
task force. For more information, see EPIC's web page on WHOIS:
http://www.epic.org/privacy/whois/