ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 Interim Report

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 Interim Report
  • From: "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:10:15 -0500
  • Cc: <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The report has been revised to incorporate Ross's comments set forth in his attached e-mail.

Brian

>>> "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/26/04 01:05PM >>>
On 2/26/2004 12:53 PM Brian Darville noted that:

> Attached is the final Interim Report, which was revised to address the two comments I received.

Brian - I have been waylaid by unforeseen circumstances and have not
been able to look at this report until now. My sincere apologies. I
would request on behalf of the registrar constituency that the section
regarding the registrar survey make clear that the results are an
amalgamation of the three responses received and also note that the
ccTLD verification practices are specific to one ccTLD in particular
and will definitely vary depending on the policies of each ccTLD
registry and the national law(s) that both the ccTLD registry and
registrar must operate under. Lastly, I would also request that this
passage clearly and explicitly state that the summary data presented
is not officially endorsed by the Registrar Constituency or its
membership (and is only indicative of the individual practices of
specific members - which you've already stated in the text I've received.)

The rest of the report is excellent - thanks to Ken, yourself and
Brian for picking up the slack that my "absence" created.

Please feel free to give me a ring if you want to discuss this via a
more timely medium.
--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
						- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org