ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 - Revised List of Companies to Survey

  • To: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>, "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>, <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 - Revised List of Companies to Survey
  • From: "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:27:57 -0500
  • Cc: <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marilyn..

We have seen over the last 3-4 years a significant change in the
registration data  validation requirements that are imposed by various
cellular providers .
there used to be very tight registration restrictions imposed on anyone
desiring to obtain a prepaid cellular service but it appears that there has
been a trend away from these requirements as more & more competition has
entered the market places..

it think it would be reasonable to find out why this change has occured and
what has motivated it..

Since many of the companies have significant intellectual property interests
as well as the potential of being impacted by spam directed towards celular
devices, etc. (as well as potential future internet technological advances)
, i would assume that they would be interested in providing information
which would be helpful in making the future environment in which we all
operate more "stable & orderly"

i  would be happy to elaborate on this further in the upcoming call..

ken