ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

RE: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 ? ENUM and UN Information

  • To: <sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 ? ENUM and UN Information
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:22:08 -0500
  • Cc: <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ENUM is implemented on a national basis. Countries are in different stages of trialing ENUM. :-)
I agree with Sarah -- many of the infrastructure providers of the Internet are trialing, participating, or engaged in an ENUM initiative within their country of origin.

It is important not to think that the instantiation country by country is exactly alike another country. :-)

Tony Holmes, BT, is the chair of the UK initiative... he and Mark McFadden, chair, ASO, helped to organize a briefing for ICANN at a recent meeting... Rio, as I recall....

perhaps we should ask Tony to brief all TFs on ENUM...
As someone responsible for the policy issues of ENUM, I can attest to how easy it is to misunderstand it/its role... :-)

Marilyn S. Cade
AT&T Law & Government Affairs
1120 20th Street, NW, Suite 1000N
Washington, DC 20036