ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

TR: [dow3tf] TR: Task Force 3 - Draft questionnaire to Centr for ccTLD survey

  • To: "3DOW3tf" <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: TR: [dow3tf] TR: Task Force 3 - Draft questionnaire to Centr for ccTLD survey
  • From: "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:01:03 +0100
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on behalf of Sarah Deutsch

From: sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx
Envoye : vendredi 9 janvier 2004 23:40
Objet : Re: [dow3tf] TR: Task Force 3 - Draft questionnaire to Centr for
ccTLD survey

Please post to the Task Force.  I promised to come up with some general
survey questions for other industries reagarding their handling the
accuracy of data in online transactions.   I feel strongly any survey
should be short because they will be viewed as a burden.  Also, we don't
want to create tensions by asking sensitive questions about security
breaches that could make companies feel that they are exposing themselves
to liability:

1.  What steps do you take to verify the accuracy of data that is submitted
to your company as part of an online transaction?

2. How do you ensure that the customer's name, address and other
identifying information is correct?

3.  Do you rely on a web GUI,  template or other up front screening
mechanism to encourage the accurate listing of identifying information?

4.   Do you use credit card information and passwords to verify the
accuracy of the customer's identity and the legitimacy of the transaction?

5.  Do you believe these systems work to provide your company with a
warning about inaccurate data or  potential frauds in online transactions?

5.  Do you use in-house capabilities or retain outside services to provide
verification services?  What are the approximate costs?

6.  What steps do you take when you learn that your customer data may be
inaccurate or instances of fraud are reported?

7.  Do you have a process in place for receiving reports of inaccuracies or
fraud?  What is that process?

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044
Fax:      703-351-3670
sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx