RE: [dow2tf] Vote
- To: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "2DOW2tf" <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [dow2tf] Vote
- From: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:08:08 -0400
- Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcREGvjL/e5rXk8BSqGJu+Kvnsu+8gAAnVSg
- Thread-topic: [dow2tf] Vote
Jordyn, I hate to have to point this out, but the text of section 3.5
still does not fully reflect the text Kathy and I agreed to over the
weekend, which is attached to
particular, point (f) of the list of principles should be eliminated. I
have looked quickly through the document (not the appendices!) and have
not caught any other errors.
From: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jordyn A. Buchanan
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 2:44 PM
Subject: [dow2tf] Vote
I'm hoping that the lack of activity on the list this morning means that
we've resolved all issues with the report and are ready to vote on it.
Since it's due tomorrow, that's good timing.
Please find attached Word and PDF versions of the proposed Initial
Report. The only remaining modification will be to record the vote of
the task force after we vote.
Because I have not yet received definitive information about voting
procedures from the Council or General Counsel, I will ask that the
primary representative from each constituency, the primary
representative from the ALAC, and our NomCom-appointed Council rep
(Amadeu) all cast votes. I will record the votes in the voting section
of the report and allow the council to interpret the decision according
to the bylaws.
I think we've worked out a good, balanced report with recommendations
that are fair compromises, so I'm hoping that people will be able to
vote to support the entire report. This will allow us to have a much
cleaner and easier to explain view of the report. If for some reason
you cannot support the report, you have the option to vote for each
recommendation that we make in section 3 individually.
Please cast your votes on each of the following:
(1) Do you approve that the report in its entirety, including all of its
[If you vote "Yes" to #1, you do not need to vote for #2 - #5.]
(2) Do you approve the recommendations in Section 3.1 of the report?
(3) Do you approve the recommendations in Section 3.2 of the report?
(4) Do you approve the recommendations in Section 3.3 of the report?
(5) Do you approve the recommendations in Section 3.5 of the report?
Please send votes to both Glen and myself so we can make sure they get
recorded correctly. All votes are due by 3 PM EDT tomorrow, but I
encourage everyone to vote today if possible.