[dow2tf] Re: section 2.4 of TF2 draft report

Thanks for pointing this out, Steve. I'll revise the document to reflect this change, unless someone objects to it.

Jordyn

On May 26, 2004, at 4:20 PM, Steve Metalitz wrote:

 I feel compelled to point out that the bullets at the very end of
section 2.4 do not reflect the slight modifications that Kathy and I
agreed upon over the weekend and I posted to the list Monday morning.
Of course I still prefer Jordyn's version, since I originally drafted
it, but I wanted to bring this subsequent agreement to your attention,
and to suggest that folks react to the language in the Monday posting.

Steve Metalitz

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordyn A. Buchanan [mailto:jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 3:42 PM
To: Maggie Mansourkia
Cc: Marilyn Cade; Steve Metalitz; Tom Keller; '2DOW2tf'
Subject: Re: [dow2tf] Revised draft

Let me just add a couple of points that I think may help frame where we
are:

Maggie is correct that there is certainly some additional work
remaining to be done before the tiered access plan can be acted upon.
What we have at this point is a concept, and not something that is ready
to be adopted at the Board (or probably even the Council) level.

It's possible that some or all of our questions have already been
addressed by TF #1, as they're supposed to be focusing on mechanisms of
providing access. Also, we may get useful feedback through the public
comment process. As we have some joint meetings with TF #1 and see the
results of the public comment process, we may be able to start to answer
the questions we've identified and solidify the policy recommendation
prior to the final report being issued.

If not, someone is going to have to do some further work, whether it be
in the form of another PDP or some sort of implementation committee.

Having said all that, I can see how Steve's text could be construed a
bit differently from the policy recommendations in 3.5.  This is why I
proposed mirroring the language of the recommendation there in 1.4.  Do
people have thoughts on my proposed language from earlier today?

Also, are there thoughts on Steve's proposed modifications to the
national law section in 1.4?

Finally, if you do have changes, please forward them to the list as soon
as possible. We really need to get a final draft distributed and voted
upon to meet our Friday deadline.

Jordyn