ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] TR: whois policy (fwd)

  • To: "2DOW2tf" <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow2tf] TR: whois policy (fwd)
  • From: "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:40:55 +0100
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forwarded by request:
GNSO Secretariat

From: Artur Piechocki [mailto:arturp@xxxxxxx] sent: lundi 8 mars 2004 17:42
À : roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc : Andrzej Bartosiewicz; gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: whois policy (fwd)

Dear Mr. Roessler,

Following Mr. Bartosiewicz's request and due to the fact that I am a lawyer
in .PL ccTLD Registry I would like to answer your question regarding
implementation of national legislation in .PL domain names policy. According
to provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act (issued by Polish
Parliament in 1997) Polish registry (Research and Academic Computer Network
research and academic entity - hereinafter referred to as "NASK") personal
data of a private person may be collected solely for purposes directly
determined in the provisions of legal acts. For example in domain names
registration, personal data of a private person is collected in order to
conclude an agreement with a domain name holder. Data of companies,
associations and other entities may be collected and disclosed without
limitations, unless otherwise parties agreed in a contract. The data of a
private person may not be disclosed to anyone, though there are some
exceptions: data may be disclosed to a third person if this person evidence
its justified legal interest in obtaining the data (e.g. court proceeding
against domain name holder). Personal data may also be disclosed to third
persons on request of the concerned private person. Therefore from WHOIS
under .PL cannot be retrieved any data of a private person unless the
concerned person agreed to make public its data or there exists legitimate
interest in obtaining the data. If you have any further questions, please do
not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,
Artur Piechocki
Leagl Department of NASK