[dow2tf] Final registrar questionnaire with cover letter
This is the questionnaire that I'm asking Glen and Barbara to distribute to the registrar constituency.
The GNSO's WHOIS Task Force #2 is chartered with reviewing the current ICANN whois policy regarding the collection, disclosure and transmittal of data.
It would be a great help to the Task Force if you could answer the
following questions in regard to your own practices as a registrar. If you operate through resellers, please provide whatever relevant responses you can with regard to their practices, and also please forward these questions to key resellers responsible for at leaast 70 percent of your reseller volume so that they may respond directly to the Task Force.
Please return your responses to the Task Force no later than February 16. All responses to this questionnaire will be archived and made public, although e-mail addresses will be obfuscated in order to limit spam.
1. What mechanisms do you use to inform potential and existing registrants of the following:
(a) the purposes for which contact data is collected; (b) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of contact data; (c) which contact data are obligatory and which (if any) are voluntary; (d) how registrants may access and seek to rectify their contact data.
2. What mechanisms do you use to obtain consent from registrants for use of their contact data? Please provide applicable URLs.
4. What requirements, if any, do you make of your resellers in terms of informing registrants of the use of their contact data, and gaining consent for that usage?
6. Do you provide any mechanisms to limit the amount of contact data made publicly available through WHOIS? If so, under what conditions is access -- if any -- to those data granted which are collected, but not made publicly available through WHOIS?
7. Describe any accommodations that you have made to comply with local laws pertaining to the collection or display of contact information. Please cite the specific laws.