ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

RE: [dow2tf] Updated WHOIS Data Element Chart.

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [dow2tf] Updated WHOIS Data Element Chart.
  • From: Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:28:06 -0500
  • Cc: Barbara Roseman <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, irving@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thomas, this does not quite match up with what we get when we make actual
Whois queries.  For example, on .org registry inquiries, we get technical
contact organization and registrant e-mail, which are not on your list.  A
.info  search returns an "organization" entry for the registrant and for
admin, tech and billing contacts; these do not appear on the revised chart.

There are also discrepancies between the actual return and the requirements
of the posted registry agreement in some cases. I suppose this is a separate
issue.  Our goal here is to present the list of data elements actually
returned.

Steve Metalitz