Re: [dow2tf] chart of WHOIS data elements
- To: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [dow2tf] chart of WHOIS data elements
- From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:45:05 +0100
- Cc: Barbara Roseman <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Halloran (E-mail)" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <0F25F91B59355E42846E57527F331EA9FD04C9@lganj0se6.lga.att.com>
- Mail-followup-to: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>, Barbara Roseman <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Halloran (E-mail)" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
- References: <0F25F91B59355E42846E57527F331EA9FD04C9@lganj0se6.lga.att.com>
- Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
On 2003-12-31 11:11:09 -0500, Marilyn Cade wrote:
> I have a question or two for you about what you mean by (coll)
> when you have "collected" in ( ). Does that mean that for the
> columns for the registries that are associated with Billing
> contact, that the data is collected but not shown for all of the
> fields under Billing Contact?
These items refer to registrars, and to section 3.4.1 of the RAA:
3.4.1 During the Term of this Agreement, Registrar shall
maintain its own electronic database, as updated from time
to time, containing data for each active Registered Name
sponsored by it within each TLD for which it is accredited.
The data for each such registration shall include the
elements listed in Subsections 188.8.131.52 through 184.108.40.206; the
name and (where available) postal address, e-mail address,
voice telephone number, and fax number of the billing
contact; and any other Registry Data that Registrar has
submitted to the Registry Operator or placed in the Registry
Database under Subsection 3.2.
The billing contact is *not* part of the information that must be
made available through registrar WHOIS; see RAA 3.3.1.
> Also, .pro is blank under billing contact. Is the agreement
> silent on Billing Contact for .pro?
In .pro's Appendix O, the billing contact does not show up;
technical and administrative contacts do. See
PS: Happy new year everyone!
Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/