ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Comments to DOW

  • To: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Comments to DOW
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:19:35 EST
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To TF2:
Under the ICANN adopted Policy Development Process, we have held a
public comment period on the terms and scope of our Description of
Work.  In other arenas, what happens next would be fairly automatic.
The comments would be reviewed, and the group would consider how to
incorporate the points they make into the work being done.  This is the
way for the public to know their participation is valued; for the public
comment period to have weight and value.

So in preparation for tomorrow, I thought it might be helpful for all
involved, and the public watching the archive list, to have the link to the
comments posted:  http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/dow2/.

Our commenters merit consideration.  We have heard from Mike Lampson
of The Registry at Info Avenue, Andriy Pazyuk, President Privacy Ukraine
NGO, Philippa Lawson, Executive Director, Canadian Internet Policy and
Public Interest Clinic, Barbara Simons, ACM Past-President, John
Lawford, Barrister & Solicitor, Public Interest Advocacy Centre, Ottawa,
Ontario.    Their concerns for privacy and interest in our work run deep
within their comments.  I look forward to discussing the comments and
their incorporation with you tomorrow.

Regards, Kathryn (Kleiman)