ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

[dow1tf] Re: [dow2tf] Meeting Tuesday August 3rd (9-11am EST; 2-4pm UTC)

  • To: <mcade@xxxxxxx>, <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow1tf] Re: [dow2tf] Meeting Tuesday August 3rd (9-11am EST; 2-4pm UTC)
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:35:25 -0400
  • Cc: <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My experience is that ICANN TF's can easily stall, and
the vaguer and more diffused the responsibility for
managing the TF, the more likely it is to stall or be delayed.
Therefore, I would favor a single chair.

--MM

>>> "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx> 7/28/2004 10:12:29 AM >>>
Thanks for kicking this off, Jeff.

I recommend co-chairs. Each TF has some separate expertise... Also, we
need a more subtantive list of the possible items for developing
consensus policy before we develop the work porgram. You gave us a good
start and others should build on it....
Finally, before we leap into a work program on tiered access, should we
assess the feasibility and time lines, and if not, at what point would
we consider that?